Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports to: Payroll Operations Supervisor
Job Class: Non-Exempt
Location: Brecksville, Ohio
Position Type: Full-Time
General Summary of Position:
The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Processing Team and responsible for timely and accurate processing of payrolls for clients. The Payroll Specialist will serve as the single point of contact for the partners of Ahola and will resolve specific issues pertaining to processing client payrolls in a timely manner meeting or exceeding departmental procedures and service level agreements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll for multiple clients and multiple pay-cycles in accordance with departmental procedures and service level agreements.
- Manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Processes special pay requests and data entry changes as needed on behalf of client for their employees; such as, but not limited to, salary changes, additional pay, (i.e. bonus), deductions.
- Accurately setup and sequence garnishment orders to ensure compliance with federal and state garnishment laws.
- Reviews payroll totals each pay to ensure accurate set up of deductions and taxes.
- Assists with and performs payroll audits per departmental guidelines.
- Develops ad-hoc financial and operational reports as needed.
- Analyzes payroll issues and proactively partners with clients; providing the client with resolution and/or recommended next steps.
- Responds to and assists clients with payroll related inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assists team members as needed with planned and unplanned time off.
- Provides the expected level of customer support in accordance with departmental procedures and service level agreements.
- Attends company provided training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience hands on payroll processing experience
- In Lieu of degree will consider four (4) years’ experience in a hands-on payroll processing role; or 2 years’ experience with an active FPC or CPP.
- Processing of multi-state and multi city payroll preferred.
- FPC/CPP preferred.
- Service Center/Bureau experience helpful but not required.
- Excellent Outlook, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficient in Excel with import/export experience
- Import export experience of txt or .csv files
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers, customers, internal and external.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and positively with all levels of Management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Handles constructive criticism and works under the direction of others in a goal-based management system.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Can work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Ability to be innovative and think ahead of the curve; be original with thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to be resourceful when faced with challenges and think outside the box.
- Ability to persevere; be positive during difficult or challenging situations.
None at This Time