Job Title: Payroll Tax Coordinator
Reports to: Payroll Tax Manager
Job Class: Non Exempt
Location: Brecksville, Ohio
Position Type: Full-Time
General Summary of Position:
The Payroll Tax Coordinator reports to the Payroll Tax Manager. The primary function of the Payroll Tax Coordinator is to assist in the preparation of clients’ payroll tax returns; review, print, and documents all tax corrections found through client and taxing agency contact, payroll audits, and quarterly balancing.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Clerical Support to Tax Department, to include letter writing, mailing, printing, and copying
- Assists in the preparation of customer tax returns for federal, city, state withholding, state unemployment, school districts and worker’s compensation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists Payroll Tax Specialist/Analyst to compare payroll and tax reporting systems to ensure proper reporting of customer tax liability and to minimize tax obligations to the Company.
- Documents in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool customer tax issues and notices.
- Assists in researching customer tax issues by researching tax filing history, payroll records and CRM tool and/or collaborates with other departments when necessary to find resolution.
- Keeps abreast of all payroll tax law changes.
- Works with other departments in a courteous and professional manner to resolve client issues.
- Provides complete customer service coverage regarding phone inquiries, faxes, emails and tax notice resolution within the required service level agreements.
- Obtain incoming correspondence by sorting, researching and distributing the daily mail tax notices, tax coupons, rate changes and applications.Assists in obtaining account numbers, verifies status (i.e. active, application, on hold).
- Maintains customer files both active and inactive, to include filing of client folders.
- Organizes and files the monthly, quarterly and annual copies for tax filing.
- Organizes and files contribution rate changes as needed.
- Assists in the review of all new client tax folders to ensure accuracy and completeness per Company guidelines
- Assists in the collection of changes to tax tables for federal, state, local, and school district withholding for payroll processing purposes.
- Assists in the state application process by providing instructions to clients.
- Identifies areas for product and system improvements and makes recommendations to Tax Manager.
- Participates in Company projects as required.
- Participates in Company meetings
- Attends internal and external (as needed) training session
- Responsible for the confidentiality of client information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED
- 0-3 years’ experience in payroll/tax field preferred, but not required
- Experience in Microsoft applications; Excel, Word etc…
- Professional and courteous verbal and email communication skills.
- Ability to address customer issues that promote the organization’s services and core values
- Capability to rely on experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Must be a team player and assist staff in other functions as needed.
- Flexible to work overtime to get the job done.
- Available to work weekends
- A strong work ethic and the desire to continue improving professional, payroll and working skills are essential.
- Handles constructive criticism and works under the direction of others in a goal-based management system.
- Can work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Ability to be innovative and think ahead of the curve; be original with thoughts and ideas.Ability to be resourceful when faced with challenges and think outside the box.
- Ability to persevere; be positive during difficult or challenging situations.
None at This Time